Countdown to First Break


Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth. Tyson may have said it once and I am sure many others have shared this sentiment since. I am saying it now. This project started out as a hobby to help pass the time during quarantine and that plan was going really well. I picked out four boxes to break. 2019 Panini Limited, Absolute, Plates & Patches, and Donruss Optic had a nice range of on-card autographs and "hits." Dave and Adam's Card World pout together my order and shipped it quickly. I set my YouTube page up and listed 31 teams for the break on eBay. Aside from work and homeschooling, I had all the time in the world to set this up and enjoy it...... and then I bought a house..... accidentally.... kinda. Queue: Punch in the mouth.

I was thrilled the sellers accepted our offer on our dream home, but clearly had not anticipated this and I dropped everything to get our current home on the market. My wife absolutely busted her butt with me to put in six 13-15 hours days to get our home ready (and we are about done), but my mind wasn't focused on the breaks at all. In fact, the worry over getting people to bid on my auctions on eBay slipped my mind entirely. So, in a way the stress of making sure that I came close to breaking even was a non-factor in setting up my first break.

Fortunately, it looks like nearly all the slots are going to sell and we should have a full slate of buyers watching our first break. I couldn't be happier with it and I am excited to start pulling cards tomorrow night. My YouTube Live account is registered and authorized to stream and I am going to do some test runs to make sure all is smooth by the time it goes live 10pm tomorrow. Here's hoping this goes well and we pull something really funky or rare. Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts